Ads by Nuffnang

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cartoons are not the same as they used to be

This morning while I was having my bowl of cereal, I was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with my son. I thought to myself, that these are very clean and safe cartoons that kids are watching these days.


These are usually the shows that I let my son watch, which mostly are from Playhouse Disney (will be Disney Jr on 1st July). Handy Manny, Chuggington, Special Agent Oso, Imagination Movers and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are some of the shows that will keep my son glued to the tv.

The shows that I watched when I was a little kid with a bowl of Lucky Charms on a Saturday morning (those were the golden days, miss em) are kinda like these


Silverhawks, Mask, Transformers, Voltron (the lions version and not the other spinoffs) and thundercats are my top 5 pics. I know there are others like G.I. Joe, He-Man, Bravestar and the list goes on. These cartoons, which were affectionately more known as Saturday morning cartoons were very rough and keeps you wanting more.

Maybe I'm a bit old these days but gimme a bowl of cereal and a good Saturday cartoon, I'll be happy. In the meantime, I'll try to educate my son on the joys of cartoons of yesteryear when he is a bit older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here